- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 8 1/2" x 6" x 3"
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5 1/2 lbs
- OUTER CASE: Highly polished duraluminium body, covered in genuine Morocco leather. Metal parts are chrome-plated.
- FILM CAPACITY: 100ft (30m) and 50ft (15m) daylight loading spools of 16mm film.
- THREADING: Automatic threading and loop forming. The end of the film is simply placed in a channel leading to the feed sprocket. The release is pressed and the film is then automatically threaded throughout the entire mechanism.
- MOTOR: Constant speed, spring motor mechanism; governor controlled. Large winding handle folds downward and attaches to camera when not in use. Spring cannot be over-wound. 8:1 external drive shaft permits the attachment of an electric motor.
- TURRET: Rotating turret with folding lever; Accommodates three interchangeable C mount lenses. The top position allows for critical focusing through a magnified groundglass screen.
- VIEWFINDER: A cupped eyepiece allows for critical focusing through a groundglass screen. Parallax correcting 'PC-12' preview finder gives an exact viewing field for lenses of four focal lengths: 16mm, 25mm, 50mm and 75mm.
- VARIABLE SPEED: 8, 16, 24, 32 and 64 frames per second
- RELEASE BUTTON: provides for the making of continuous exposures by a finger-tip release on the front of the camera. A side release allows for locked, hands-free running or single frame exposures.
- SHUTTER: 144 degree aperture shutter
- FOOTAGE COUNTER: adds and subtracts accurately in forward or reverse motion and automatically returns to zero when film is reloaded into the camera.
- AUDIBLE FOOTAGE INDICATOR: A distinct click announces the passing of each 10 inches of film through the gate. This mechanism may be disengaged, if desired, by simply moving a lever.
- FRAME COUNTER: Twin dial counts frames individually and in total; Adds frames in forward motion and subtracts when film is wound backwards. Dial may be reset manually at any time.
- SINGLE FRAME: Time lapse and animation is possible by using the side release button or an accessory cable release and adapter; I-T lever allows for timed or instantaneous single exposures.
- MANUAL REWIND: Clutch disengages spring motor and permits forward movement and backwind without running down the spring; allows for dissolves and superimposition.
- TRIPOD SOCKET: 3/8" thread
Notes and Comments
The Bolex H-16 T was introduced in 1958 and included most of the design improvements of previous non-reflex H-16 turret cameras. The built-in filter slot (included on the earlier H-16 Supreme) was not equipped on the H-16 T. The lack of this feature allowed the camera to be sold at a lower price than the Supreme. For an additional cost, Bolex service facilities offered a modification for those who wished to have the gelatin filterslot installed; either at purchase or at a later date.
The basic H-16 T was originally sold with the newly introduced PC-12 Preview Finder. However, an eye level focuser could be added for an additional cost, and the PC-12 finder could be substituted for an Octameter.
Bolex cameras in the H16 non-reflex series:
Serial Numbers and Dates of Manufacture
Paillard serial number data lists the H16T beginning at # 130001 in 1957; however, the H16T does not seem to have been officially introduced until 1958. The H16T was superseded by the H16S in approximately 1963.